- Code: FROP.3103
- Fee: $404*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 10
- EFTS: 0.0833
- Subject: Forestry Operations
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||40 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||40 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, On Demand|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Murupara, Napier, Opotiki|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge of a chainsaw cutting unit and the skills to sharpen a chainsaw chain, diagnose and maintain a chainsaw in accordance with the Best Practice Guide.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and explain the makeup of a chainsaw cutting unit components.
- Identify tools, accessories and maintenance practices required to run the chainsaw at optimum levels.
- Sharpen a chainsaw chain.
- Identify and explain f chainsaw maintenance requirements and diagnose faults.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Maintain a chainsaw||43||3||10|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017