- Code: HAIR.3308
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||30 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||52 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3);|
The aim of this course is to develop students’ knowledge and skills in hair design. Students will explore hair design and creation using a variety of technical skills to produce hair designs to competition standard.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Undertake client consultation and hair and scalp analysis to determine colouring service requirements.
- Prepare for and perform hair colouring services including product selection, application and removal.
- Research, develop and plan hair design concepts.
- Create and exhibit hair designs using a range of technical skills.
- Evaluate hair design outcomes and effectiveness.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector||C&G 3002-60 212|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017