- Code: HAIR.3303
- Fee: $546*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 10
- EFTS: 0.0833
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||22 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||38 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3);|
Gain introductory knowledge and skills in hair colouring. Also develop knowledge of hair products and services, and how to promote these to clients.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe a range of hair colouring services, techniques and effects including service preparation requirements, the different products used and how these affect hair structure.
- Explain the stages of the sales process and techniques used for promoting hair products and services to clients.
- Undertake client consultation and hair and scalp analysis to determine colouring service requirements.
- Prepare for and perform basic hair colouring services.
- Use effective communication and product knowledge to promote hair products and services to clients.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Promote products and services to clients in a salon||C&G 3002-60 205|
|The art of colouring hair||C&G 3002-60 214|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017