- Code: HAIR.4301
- Fee: $546*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 10
- EFTS: 0.0833
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||22 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||38 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Emerging Stylist) (Level 4);|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to monitor, maintain and support salon operations with a particular focus on health, safety, security and sustainable practices, and the sales process within the salon environment. Students will develop capability in assessing salon risk and sustainability, promoting and selling salon products and services, and determining actions to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Monitor, maintain and support health, safety and security in the salon environment.
- Assess risks, compliance and sustainable practices within a salon.
- Determine appropriate actions and improvements to manage risks and sustainability within the salon environment.
- Explain the benefits and objectives of the sales process for the salon and its clients.
- Use effective communication and selling techniques to promote salon products and services to clients and generate sales.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of selling techniques within the salon, and determine actions to improve the sales process and achievement of sales objectives.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon||C&G 3002-68 302|
|Promote and sell products and services to clients||C&G 3002-68 317|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017