|Intakes||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Intakes information|| |
Semester 1: Rotorua, Tokoroa, Whakatane
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|All of our full-time programmes qualify for student loans and allowances through StudyLink. Many part-time programmes also qualify. Apply online at www.studylink.govt.nz or phone 0800 88 99 00. Apply early to help avoid enrolment and payment delays.|
Are you wanting to work or re-enter the health or wellbeing services? If so then this programme is for you.
Gain the skills and knowledge required to provide person-centred health care under the direction and delegation of a health professional.
This programme also provides knowledge and skills in key tasks relevant to the health and wellbeing industry, and provides effective educational and employment outcomes and pathways relevant to industry needs and expectations.
Healthcare assistants in a range of contexts including acute care, primary care, aged residential care and therapeutic programmes.
To achieve the award of the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) Health Assistance strand, students must pass a total of 70 compulsory credits.
Knowledge and skills you will gain
After successful completion of this qualification, students will have the skills and knowledge to be able to:
- recognise and respond to signs of vulnerability and abuse in a health or wellbeing setting
- demonstrate ethical and professional behaviour in a health or wellbeing setting
- provide person-centred care under the direction and delegation of a health professional
- recognise and respond to change
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations, and the following:
- students must attend an information/briefing session to meet with either the programme manager or teaching staff prior to completing an enrolment application.
- For international applicants who come from non-English speaking backgrounds, an IELTS General or Academic score of 5.0 with no band score lower than 5.0, or an equivalent relevant English Proficiency Outcome
HLTH.3007 Health Practice and Diversity in Health
HLTH.3008 Implement Person-centred Health Care
HLTH.3009 Concepts of Risk Management within a
Health and Wellbeing Setting
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017