- Code: HOSP.3209
- Fee: $483*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 10
- EFTS: 0.0833
- Subject: Hospitality, Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||24 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 3), Cafe Services and Barista strands;|
The aim of this course is to provide students with knowledge of modern café culture and trends, and the skills required to provide effective food and beverage service. Students will also learn how to process customer payments, and perform basic costings and pricing calculations relevant to the café environment.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outline food and beverage styling and service trends, cultural influences and protocols, and sustainable practices in modern café culture.
- Follow standard procedures, and use customer service and communication skills to provide effective counter and table service in a café environment.
- Follow standard procedures to maintain supplies and equipment in café service areas.
- Perform basic costing and pricing calculations relevant to a café environment.
- Explain and apply basic selling tools and techniques to maximise food and beverage sales in a café environment.
- Receive and action customer payments.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017