- Code: HOSP.4205
- Fee: $1,092*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 20
- EFTS: 0.1667
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||48 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||80 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Whakatane|
New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 4), Restaurant Services strand; |
Applied Hospitality (Level 4);
Gain knowledge and skills in the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of food safety, health and safety, standard operating procedures, and service delivery within a food and beverage service environment.
Develop capability in assessing individual practice, team co‐operation and conflict, and customer service practices. You will also learn about common first aid conditions and responses.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain, monitor and maintain food contamination hazards, control methods and food safety programme implementation in a food and beverage service environment.
- Monitor and maintain the implementation of health, safety and security practices within food and beverage operations, and appropriately respond to hazards and incidents.
- Identify, describe and provide appropriate responses to common first aid and life threatening conditions.
- Relate the application of standard operating procedures to different work roles within a food and beverage service environment.
- Assess staff and customer interactions and communication to ensure service delivery outcomes and expectations are met.
- Outline ways to foster co‐operation, and manage conflict and stress within a team.
- Determine the effectiveness of workplace practices and service delivery for different roles within a food and beverage service environment.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Demonstrate knowledge of food contamination hazards, and control methods used in a food business||168||3||4|
|Manage first aid in emergency situations||6400||3||2|
|Provide first aid||6401||2||1|
|Provide basic life support||6402||1||1|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017