- Code: HOSP.4207
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||36 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Whakatane|
New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 4), Restaurant Services strand; |
Applied Hospitality (Level 4);
Gain the knowledge and skills to provide effective food and beverage service within a restaurant establishment. Develop capability in the preparation and presentation of food and beverages, monitoring and maintaining service standards and delivery outcomes, and enhancing the customer dining experience through effective customer service.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare, clean and maintain food production and dining areas, and equipment in a restaurant.
- Take and co‐ordinate food and beverage orders, and provide effective table and bar service for customers in a restaurant environment.
- Prepare and serve beer, bottled wines and other alcoholic beverages.
- Prepare, present and serve a range of menu styles within a restaurant environment.
- Calculate and process customer payments.
- Monitor and maintain service standards and delivery outcomes within a restaurant environment in accordance with establishment requirements and procedures, and cultural protocols.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017