- Code: HOSP.3206
- Fee: $483*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 10
- EFTS: 0.0833
- Subject: Hospitality, Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||24 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||40 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 3), Cafe Services and Barista strands;|
Gain applied knowledge of food safety, storage and handling practices, workplace health, and security in a food and beverage service environment. Develop the skills required to identify and respond to hazards, incidents and accidents, safely handle and maintain knives, and practise food safety and hygiene.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outline and apply knowledge of health, safety and security practices within a food and beverage service environment.
- Identify, record, report and respond to hazards, incidents and accidents within a workplace environment.
- Explain and apply knowledge of food safety, storage and handling practices, basic food contamination hazards and contamination prevention methods in a food production environment.
- Maintain personal hygiene and presentation within a food and beverage service environment.
- Prepare, clean and maintain food production and dining areas, and equipment.
- Safely handle and maintain knives in a commercial kitchen.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Practise food safety methods in a food business under supervision||167||2||4|
|Demonstrate basic knowledge of contamination hazards and control methods used in a food business||20666||2||2|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017