- Code: TREO.4003
- Fee: $654*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Maori Studies
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Turangi, Tauranga|
The aim of this course is to introduce students in Te Reo Maori and develop listening, reading, oral and literacy skills at a beginner's level.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- pronounce Te Reo Māori confidently, correctly and clearly;
- construct grammatically correct simple sentences in Te Reo Māori;
- complete basic translations from English to Māori and Māori to English;
- understand the main themes of a narrative related in the Māori language; and
- write sentences in Māori on specific topics.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017