- Code: TREO.6200
- Fee: $654*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Maori Studies
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa|
This course provides students with the opportunity to further develop listening, reading, oral and literacy skills in Māori to an advanced level.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- further develop their language acquisition skills to an upper intermediate level within the context of Te Māhuri 1;
- translate specialised extracts of Māori into English within the context of Te Māhuri 1;
- translate specialised extracts of English into Māori within the context of Te Māhuri 1;
- confidently engage in informal conversation at an intermediate level; and
- increase understanding of Te Ao Māori in the context of Te Māhuri 1.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017