- Code: MUSC.6002
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Music
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Course AimStudents will build performance skills on their respective instruments with focused one-to-one tuition using itinerant or in-house instrumental specialists. Students will also extend their ability to compose and analyse musical arrangements. They will study various approaches and techniques in several song writing and composition tasks, and develop knowledge of the characteristics of a range of instrumentation.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- prepare for and perform a public recital on a chosen instrument;
- demonstrate specific improvisational skills on a chosen instrument;
- rearrange and perform pre-existing songs based on the musical elements of landmark recordings;
- compose percussion pieces as a rhythm track to be recorded and presented to a live audience;
- compose melodic pieces as a song to be recorded and presented to a live audience; and
- compare and contrast the key characteristics of a range of instruments.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017