- Code: MUSC.5004
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Music
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||55 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Course AimStudents will explore methods for funding, promoting and disseminating their own musical product in the New Zealand music industry and strategic global markets using the internet and other methods. Students will also explore different methods of music tuition and the practical application of these methods.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate effective interview skills in a range of contexts and situations;
- demonstrate an understanding of industry-standard processes to producing a music video;
- compare and contrast the options for releasing recorded music;
- critique and apply appropriate grant application processes;
- analyse communication, interaction and network building skills for a range of music industry contexts;
- plan and deliver a practical music tuition session to one or more learners using a range of resources;
- differentiate careers and pathways within the music industry.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017