- Code: NURS.7001
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Nursing
|Time in class||52 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Related programmes||Graduate Diploma in Infection Risk Management (Level 7);|
Develop in depth knowledge of the research process, design, and contribution to best practice. Students will gain competence in critiquing research reports, formulating proposals, and completing ethical approval processes.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Critically explore the components of the research process.
- Describe and comparatively analyse different research methodologies, methods and their appropriate application within practice.
- Critically examine the legal and ethical parameters of research practice.
- Critique published research reports.
- Explore the principles of Kaupapa Māori research.
- Debate the application of evidence based practice and the use of research findings in practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of the process for formulating a research proposal including ethics applications.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017