- Code: NURS.5116
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Nursing
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tauranga (Windermere)|
|Related programmes||Bachelor of Nursing;|
The aim of this course is to introduce students to the fundamental concepts that underpin nursing care. Students will develop nursing knowledge and skills that support beginning nursing practice. Also, within a health care setting, students will apply fundamental knowledge and skills to nursing practice/care
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Investigate the concept of care as it relates to nursing theory, models and practice.
- Examine and demonstrate at a beginning level, the communication skills required to develop professional and therapeutic relationships.
- Utilise a model of reflection to self-evaluate personal and professional growth.
- Explore and reflect on the impact of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi on models of nursing care for Māori in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Apply reasoned fundamental nursing care in the healthcare environment, at the required level as determined by appropriate NCNZ competencies.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017