- Code: NURS.5117
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Nursing
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tauranga (Windermere)|
|Related programmes||Bachelor of Nursing;|
The aim of this course is to introduce students to the professional, ethical and legislative requirements of nursing practice. Students will develop an awareness of human diversity and attitudes conducive to the provision of culturally safe nursing care in Aotearoa New Zealand.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Investigate legal requirements which impact upon the practice of nursing in Aotearoa New Zealand context.
- Compare the relationship between legal, ethical and professional responsibilities in nursing.
- Explore biculturalism and cultural awareness within an Aotearoa New Zealand nursing context.
- Recognize fundamental principles of group process for effective inter-professional nursing practice.
- Examine legal, ethical and professional responsibilities governing the use and administration of medication.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017