- Code: CULI.5103
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||28 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||48 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||Culinary Arts Level 5;|
The aim of this course is to enable students to develop knowledge and skills in meat, poultry and fish fabrication, and advanced techniques for the preparation, production and presentation of specialised meat, poultry and fish products including sausage-making, salamis and small goods. Students will also gain increased understanding and capability in monitoring and controlling food contamination hazards, and the implementation of food control plans.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of meat, poultry and fish fabrication;
- prepare, cook and finish a range of specialised meat, poultry and fish products using a range of advanced techniques;
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of food contamination hazards, control methods and food safety programmes used in a food business; and
- analyse, monitor and record food safety control at critical points in accordance with a food safety programme, and take necessary corrective actions.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Demonstrate knowledge of food contamination hazards, and control methods used in a food business||168||3||4|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017