- Code: CULI.5102
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||28 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||Culinary Arts Level 5;|
The aim of this course is to enable students to develop knowledge of artisan food products and applications with a specific focus on cheeses, pâtés, terrines, breads and condiments. Students will develop skills in producing a range of basic cheese and artisan food products using advanced preparation and presentation techniques.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- classify and relate knowledge of artisan food products and applications;
- research and contrast characteristics and origins of cheese;
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of basic cheese production;
- prepare, cook and present artisan food products using a range of advanced techniques; and
- investigate and present a new artisan food concept.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017