- Code: CULI.4206
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||28 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||Culinary Arts Level 4;|
Course AimThe aim of this course is to provide students will knowledge of fish and shellfish applications, and the skills required to prepare, cook and present complex fish and shellfish dishes using a range of methods and techniques. Students will also develop knowledge of food‐related health issues, healthier food options and dietary considerations.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of fish and shellfish classifications and applications;
- interpret and adjust recipe calculations and specifications;
- prepare, cook and present complex fish and shellfish dishes using a range of cookery methods;
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of special dietary requirements and the principle of balanced diets;
- research and explain food‐related health issues and appropriate healthier food options; and
- plan, design, develop and produce menus for special dietary requirements.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017