- Code: CULI.4208
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||28 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||Culinary Arts Level 4;|
Course AimThe aim of this course is to enable students to gain introductory knowledge in food production roles and workflows, menu planning, food costing and customer service in a hospitality setting. Students will design and produce a basic menu, and theme and host a food event.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate and apply introductory knowledge of food production operations and menu planning;
- design, plan, prepare and produce a basic menu for a specific event;
- demonstrate knowledge of costs and calculations associated with culinary operations;
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of customer service;
- design, plan and host a food event; and
- theme and present a range of dishes for a specified menu and event.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017