- Code: CULI.5107
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||10 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||72 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||Culinary Arts Level 5;|
The aim of this course is to enable students to gain practical experience in a commercial hospitality setting, and provides the opportunity for students to apply theoretical knowledge and further develop their practical skills and capabilities in food production operations. Students will also develop reflective skills throughout the industry placement as they observe and analyse workplace dynamics, operational processes, commercial practices, and their own performance in achieving organisational objectives and working as part of a commercial team.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- relate and analyse the application of core culinary operations and food production concepts to a commercial hospitality workplace;
- observe and evaluate their own and others’ interactions and contributions to workflow and objectives in a commercial food production operation;
- identify occurrences of best practice and potential improvements within a commercial food production operation; and
- record and present work experience reflections and observations.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017