- Code: CULI.5105
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||28 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||Culinary Arts Level 5;|
The aim of this course is to enable students to gain the skills and knowledge required to analyse, plan, organise and manage resources, storage, maintenance, staffing and workflow requirements for a commercial kitchen. Students will develop knowledge of the deployment of staff, operational roles, staff rostering and training, the supply chain, and purchasing and control procedures for food production within the hospitality environment.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify and relate the resource requirements for commercial kitchens and food production operations to different food service styles and volumes;
- plan equipment, utility, storage and produce flow requirements for a modern commercial kitchen;
- demonstrate knowledge of the food production supply chain and purchasing, costing and control procedures;
- compare and contrast operational roles, procedures and workflow requirements within a commercial kitchen;
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of staff rostering and training requirements for food production operations;
- develop a basic staff roster; and
- develop, plan and implement a structured training session.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017