- Code: CULI.5104
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||28 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||Culinary Arts Level 5;|
The aim of this course is to enable students to develop the knowledge and skills required to design, plan, prepare, cost and produce a range of menus. Students will learn how to perform a cost analysis of menu items to determine menu profitability and viability. They will also be introduced to food and beverage matching, front‐of‐house services, workflow planning and food purchasing requirements.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of menu design, styles, balance and portion control;
- design, plan, prepare and produce menus according to specified requirements;
- demonstrate knowledge of food and beverage matching;
- calculate menu costs and perform cost analysis to determine profit margins; and
- co‐ordinate and provide front‐of‐house food and beverage services.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017