- Code: SPRT.5002
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Sports
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Students will be able to articulate the body's metabolism in relation to sports nutrition. They will use research to identify nutritional strategies to formulate a menu plan that assist athletes when training, during competition and during the recovery phases of performance. Students will identify and discuss lifestyle related diseases and their relationship to nutrition.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- explore metabolism of food in relation to energy expenditure and energy intake;
- illustrate knowledge of sports nutrition principles for athletes’ performance;
- design and implement a targeted nutritional meal plan for a specific goal;
- research sport-specific nutrional strategies for training, competition and recovery; and
- discuss the role of nutrition on lifestyle-type diseases within a range of population groups.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017