- Code: SPRT.4005
- Fee: $654*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Sports
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Students will be able to apply theoritical underpinnings of a range of coaching methods across the life span. This knowledge will assist students in creating their own coaching philosophy. They will have the opportunity to observe elite coaches in action and undertake a practical coaching experience in a controlled and supportive environment with monitored supervision. This course serves as a foundation for advanced study within the field of coaching.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- develop a personalised coaching philosophy considering an individual and a team perspective;
- plan physical activities appropriate to the growth and development of individuals of all ages, taking into consideration cultural needs, health, wellness and safety;
- develop and implement effective communication and teaching techniques for coaching practices;
- describe the role of the coach and key elements of coaching that contribute to improved sporting outcome for the learner; and
- implement a negotiated coaching plan and demonstrate practical coaching methods within a sports context.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017