- Code: SPRT.4009
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Sports
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||40 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
Students will attain a historical view of sports technology and biomechanics. They will be able to use a range of biomechanical principles and apply these collaboratively and individually in a practical sporting context utilising video analysis software. Students will develop knowledge and skills on the application of a range of technology innovations that enhance and analyse sporting performance.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- explore the evolution of technology and biomechanics within the context of sports;
- explain biomechanical principles and apply these in a practical sporting context using video analysis software, and use a team and individual approach to contextualise knowledge;
- identify and discuss the application of a broad range of technological innovations used alongside physical acitivity;
- integrate the use of a personal training device with performance and monitoring software; and
- demonstrate the use of a mobile coding application in a team sport setting.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017