- Code: SPRT.4006
- Fee: $654*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Sports
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Students will be able to develop nutrition guidelines for individuals involved in sports and recreational activities based on the introductory knowledge gained from this course. They will develop reflective journalling practices through exploring their own nutritional intake and acquire knowledge of sustainable practices in relation to nutrition.
Those completing this course will be able to:
- monitor and evaluate personal nutritional practices through a reflective journal;
- explain the relationship between nutrients, fluid and physical activity;
- formulate nutritional guidelines for participants undertaking physical activity, taking into consideration cultural needs, stages of participation, age and gender of the participant;
- demonstrate the ability to interpret the nutritional information provided on a range of food labels; and
- investigate sustainable practices as they relate to sports nutrition.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017