- Code: SPRT.5004
- Fee: $654*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Sports
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Students will apply beginning research skills to explore sports history, politics and socio-cultural influences of sports within Aotearoa New Zealand. They will define characteristics of professional and amateur sports status, explore the sporting climate and examine sustainable practices within the context of sports.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- use research to explore the evolution of sports science, sports industry and a range of sports genres in Aotearoa New Zealand;
- Investigate and discuss Aotearoa New Zealands socio-political and socio-cultural influences on sports;
- compare and contrast characteristics of professional and amateur sport;
- define and critque the current sporting climate in Aotearoa New Zealand; and
- evaluate the use of sustainable practices in the Aotearoa New Zealand sports industry and provide recommendations for innovative sustainable practices.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017