- Code: SPRT.5006
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Sports
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
Students will be able to articulate and implement sports sponsorship processes with the aim of obtaining sponsorship endorsement, and develop knowledge of marketing and formulate a marketing strategy that uses an inter-related mix-promotional approach.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- research potential sponsorship options for a range of sporting and recreational genres;
- formulate a sponsorship proposal to acquire endorsement; identify budget requirements, outcomes for participants, opportunities for sponsor, time line, evaluative and reporting processes;
- within a simulated environment, plan and pitch your proposal to a potential sponsor to gain endorsement;
- develop a contract in partnership with a potential sponsor;
- define promotional marketing and analyse it as it applies to inter-relationships of the promotional mix; and
- formulate objectives based on promotional strategies that are appropriate to the marketing mix .
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017