|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tauranga (Windermere)|
|All of our full-time programmes qualify for student loans and allowances through StudyLink. Many part-time programmes also qualify. Apply online at www.studylink.govt.nz or phone 0800 88 99 00. Apply early to help avoid enrolment and payment delays.|
This brand new one year diploma is a practical introduction to wellness and relaxation massage.
You’ll get plenty of hands-on experience in massage as well as developing knowledge in human function, health and wellness, and professional practice.
You’ll graduate with the skills to work for yourself as a therapeutic and sports massage therapist, or you could work in areas like tourism, fitness centres, medical centres, health spas, hotels, and more!
Topics you'll cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Human Body
- The Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage
- The Professional Practitioner
- Massage Therapy: Theory to Practice
- Human Movement and Exercise Fundamentals
- The Fundamentals of Sport Massage
Home-based massage therapist, community based massage therapist, employment within health care facilities, spa based massage therapy clinics; sport and fitness facilities (non-injury work), or with sport teams or individual athletes.
For Certificate and Diploma programmes at Levels 5, 6 and 7, domestic students under 20 and all international students must have:
- NCEA Level 2 with passes in English/Te Reo Māori or education achievement at least equivalent to NCEA Level 2 and a minimum of 42 credits at level 3
- OR evidence of ability to complete academic requirements for the programme
You will need to sign a consent form, which will allow Toi Ohomai to complete a police check before you start the course, during the course, and before you finish the course. Any applicant with a conviction must attend an interview with the relevant department staff and may be declined entry onto the course. You will only be accepted onto the course once a satisfactory police check has been received.
Page last updated: 15 Sep 2017