- Code: BADM.2202
- Fee: $673*
- Level: 2
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Administration
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Secondary Tertiary Pathway Delivery|
|Location||Rotorua Trades Academy, Whakatane Trades Academy|
This course aims to provide students with the skills to carry out reception duties including the use of office equipment as well as knowledge of the components of good customer service. Students will also develop an awareness of personal presentation standards and the importance of portraying a positive attitude in the workplace.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate the use of office equipment and administration processes;
- identify and demonstrate receptionist functions;
- describe and demonstrate the elements of good customer service; and
- identify and demonstrate appropriate personal presentation strategies and attitudes for a business environment.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Demonstrate and apply knowledge of office equipment and administration processes||121||2||5|
|Provide office reception services||122||3||5|
|Provide customer service||57||2||2|
|Maintain personal presentation and a positive attitude in a workplace involving customer contact||62||2||3|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017