- Code: HOSP.3105
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hospitality, Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||90 (approximate total hours)|
Develop knowledge and skills in providing basic café service, and preparing and serving a range of espresso, mocktail and other non-alcoholic beverages.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of espresso equipment and café service using reading and writing skills;
- provide barista, table and counter service in a commercial hospitality environment;
- provide hospitality sales and service opportunities to customers;
- prepare, use and maintain commercial espresso coffee equipment;
- prepare and serve a range of espresso and non-alcoholic beverages; and
- create, prepare and serve a basic range of mocktails.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Prepare and serve hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks in a commercial hospitality environment||14425||5||2||5|
|Provide table service in a commercial hospitality environment||14436||4||2||4|
|Demonstrate knowledge of commercial espresso coffee equipment and recipes and prepare espresso beverages under supervision||17285||7||2||4|
|Provide hospitality sales and service opportunities to customers||21853||3||3||5|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017