- Code: CULI.3006
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||90 (approximate total hours)|
Gain introductory skills required to start producing a range of simple food products. Learn the techniques and knowledge in food preparation processes, basic cookery applications, and presentation of cuisine.
Graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate and apply awareness of food safety and hygiene practices using reading, writing and practical skills;
- safely use and maintain kitchen utensils and equipment;
- describe and compare the characteristics of a range of international dishes; and
- understand and apply knowledge of basic cookery applications to produce and present a selection of simple food products.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Practise food safety methods in a food business||167||2||4|
|Prepare, assemble, and present complex sandwiches for service in a commercial kitchen||13282||3||2|
|Prepare and cook basic pastry dishes in a commercial kitchen||13322||3||4|
|Prepare and bake basic cakes, sponges, and scones in a commercial kitchen||13325||3||4|
|Compare characteristics of international dishes and prepare and present international dishes||22234||2||4|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017