- Code: COMM.5004
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Agriculture, Communications and Writing
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2, November|
This course develops and extends students inter- and intra-personal skills to establish and maintain effective professional relationships using the experimental learning theory.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- identify and reflect critically on personal verbal and non-verbal communication that can support or impede professional communication;
- reflect critically on own listening and demonstrate the skills of active listening;
- assert themselves and confront unacceptable behaviour;
- identify strategies for dealing with conflict; and
- identify strengths and weaknesses in their own learning styles within professional contexts.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017