- Code: PROF.8015
- Fee: $1,710*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 30
- EFTS: 0.250
- Subject: Tertiary Teaching
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies; |
Master of Applied Professional Studies - Mentoring and Leadership;
The course will enable students to critically analyse quantitative, qualitative, and kaupapa Māori approaches to research. Students will formulate a research question, literature review, ethics and the necessity for a kaupapa Māori research framework where required, research theories and an appropriate methodology to create a research proposal.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Appraise published literature to investigate an area of inquiry and prepare a literature review.
- Assess research methods, consider whether a kaupapa Māori research framework is necessary and select appropriate research methodologies to address a specific research question.
- Design a research proposal.
- Examine ethical issues for research involving the professional environment, Māori people and kaupapa Māori.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017