- Code: MGMT.6910
- Fee: $897*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge to evaluate and apply a range of financial management components to assist decision-making in business contexts. This course will provide knowledge of management accounting information to enable students to analyse, plan and apply appropriate decisions in business operations contexts.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- evaluate alternative costing systems and apply product costing and pricing methods;
- apply management accounting knowledge and tools to aid in business decision making;
- implement systems to plan and control business operations to achieve strategic objectives;
- evaluate and apply capital budgeting techniques to aid capital investment decision-making; and
- apply knowledge of working capital to effectively manage a business.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017