- Code: MGMT.6932
- Fee: $1,586*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
The aim of this course is to provide students with knowledge of the principles and functions of operations management and apply techniques to ensure efficient and effective production of goods and services.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Appraise the nature of operations management in a given situation.
- Explain quality management and apply techniques of quality management techniques to improve operations in a given situation.
- Select and justify appropriate facilities to ensure efficient provision of a product.
- Discuss the role of project management, and apply appropriate project management techniques in a given situation.
- Discuss performance management and determine appropriate performance measures for an operations system(s).
- Understand capacity management, apply techniques relating to resource planning, and recommend appropriate actions in a given situation.
- Apply an understanding of supply chain management, inventory management and materials management to given situations.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017