- Code: TOUR.5001
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the technical, theoretical and rescue skills required to raft commercially at Grade 3 level.
On successful completion of this course, the student will have the ability to:
- move quickly and confidently in Grade III white-water and accurately communicate with other guides in a river environment;
- demonstrate knowledge of rescue equipment and its application in a range of raft/river rescue situations;
- apply technical raft guiding skills on Grade III white-water;
- analyse weather and flow information sources when trip planning;
- guide clients on Grade II river trips in a manner that promotes client safety while providing an experience that takes into account their expectations and needs; and
- apply cultural and environmental awareness when in the outdoor, river environment.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
This course includes NZQA unit standards 21282 and 21283.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017