- Code: TOUR.4103
- Fee: $673*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tourism Operations
|Time in class||36 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
The aim of this course is to enable students to add value to the customer experience through professional customer service and communication skills that build client relationships, and ensure customer needs and expectations are met. Students will develop capability in selling tools and techniques, developing travel solutions in response to client needs, and preparing and presenting information to clients.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply communication skills to effectively interpret client needs and expectations, and provide current and accurate advice to clients.
- Use selling tools and techniques to promote travel products and services.
- Develop, prepare, cost and present travel solutions for international markets that meet client needs.
- Build and maintain client relationships using professional customer service skills to enhance the customer experience, and add value for both the client and the business.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017