- Code: TOUR.4101
- Fee: $673*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tourism Operations
|Time in class||36 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
This course provides students with knowledge of tourism and travel within the global destination context. Students will develop capability in enhancing the visitor experience through skills and knowledge of worldwide geography, travel routes and gateways, key tourist regions and attractions, transportation options, planning travel itineraries, processing travel reservations, and economic, environmental and socio-cultural influences on the global travel market.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Investigate and contrast worldwide tourist regions, destinations, geographical features and attractions.
- Examine and explain key factors that influence the development and decline of the global travel market and customer demand.
- Use knowledge of world geography to determine travel itineraries, routes, information and options for a range of origins and destinations.
- Process reservations for a range of travel and transportation options outside of New Zealand.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017