- Code: WPRO.6912
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Wood Manufacturing
|Time in class||52 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||10 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Waipa|
Graduate Diploma in Applied Management - Manufacturing Management Strand;
Students on this course will gain an understanding of the nature of wood, how this impacts on wood product performance, and the substitute materials that compete with wood.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyse characteristics of wood products, substitute materials and their impact on product performance.
- Develop a rationale for the emergence of wood based substitutes for solid wood products.
- Develop a rationale for the use of non-wood substitutes in place of solid wood products.
- Develop a rationale for the emergence of new wood based products incorporating optimal use of material properties.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017