Every year Horticulture New Zealand (HortNZ) offers scholarships that are open to New Zealand students and trainees who have a special interest in the fruit or vegetable industry and are undergoing significant industry training or education.
There are two types of scholarships you can apply for:
$500 HortNZ Industry Training Scholarship
- Available to industry trainees.
- This scholarship provides financial assistance and acknowledges the achievements of those who currently work and study (towards certificates and/or diplomas) in the fruit and vegetable industry.
$4500 HortNZ Undergraduate Scholarship
- Available to students studying towards an under-graduate degree.
- This package includes $3000 for fees and $1500 towards attending the annual Horticulture conference.
- The registration, travel & accommodation costs are all covered. It provides an excellent opportunity to obtain funding for study, learn from cutting edge conference sessions and mix with key industry figures.
Each scholarship is for one year only.
- New Zealand citizen or resident;
- Signs of commitment to the fruit and vegetable industry;
- Potential and willingness to contribute to the fruit and vegetable industry;
- Achievement and responsibilities to date (includes level or performance in study, academic achievement and contribution to workplace during practical experience);
- Skills, e.g. technical, management, communication and relationship skills;
- Individual approach;
- Personal qualities;
- Referees comments;
- Agreement to contribute to the promotion of the NZ horticulture industry; and
- Students and trainees must be registered in their course at 31 March 2017 to be awarded their scholarship.
How to apply
- Application forms (including referee forms) are available from the People section of the HortNZ website.
- Alternatively, you can use the contact details below. Applications are to be returned to the email address below.
- You must apply before 20 March 2017.
- Applications close:Monday, 20 March 2017, 4.30pm
Horticulture New Zealand Scholarships Contact Details
- Phone:04 472 3795
- Web Page:Horticulture (information page)
Page last updated: 02 May 2017