Ratonga rorohiko (Computer Services)
Computer Services is a dedicated team, within our IT department, that provide assistance with computer related issues, faults, requests, support, or questions. This service is open to all students and staff.
If you have trouble with any computer related service (this includes the campus Wi-Fi network), please see the team located in N Block on Mokoia Campus, Rotorua. Students in Taupo, Tokoroa, or Whakatane can email or call us and receive for remote assistance.
View: Computer Service contact details
What we help with
- Printer and copier problems
- Student computers not working
- Trouble-shooting student devices
- Technical computer advice
- Connect to Toi Ohomai Student WiFi (347.0 KB updated 02-May-2017)
- Moodle (eCampus) questions and support
Moodle (eCampus) Help Section. Use this link to visit the help area in Moodle (eCampus).
- Student email setup, access, or support
What's my email. We have set up an online area to help you discover your student email address.
What we are unable to help with
- Virus cleaning and personal hardware issues
- Student ID cards – these are created by the library staff
- Adding money to your print budget - see the printing information page
- Study support - contact the Learning Advisers
To access the computer network, email, Moodle (eCampus), printing and photocopying services, and the Computer Services team, your fees must be paid in full. You will require your student ID card to access these services.
Internet access and usage
Each campus provides computer suites for students to access Office 365, OneDrive, email, internet, applications and printing. Free Wi-Fi is available on all campuses for students' personal devices.
Online services available to all students
A list of online services can be accessed using our eServices web page. Additional services are:
- Microsoft Security Essentials. We recommend you download this free virus protection for your personal devices.
- OneDrive - 7GB online storage – this is accessed from your student email account
- Microsoft Office is free for all current students. You must have access to your student email account, for help see our Office 365 Download and Installation Guide.
Microsoft Office 365 Download Installation Instructions (839.7 KB updated 02-May-2017)
Computer Services Contact Details
- Location:Ground Floor, N Block, Mokoia Campus
- Contact:Computer Services
- Phone:07 346 8755
- Phone:0800 86 46 46, (1 for Rotorua), ext. 8755
- Hours:Monday–Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Web Page:Computer Services (information page)
- Map:Mokoia Campus Map (533.8 KB updated 02-May-2017)
Page last updated: 04 Aug 2017