|Translation||Pōkaitahi o Aotearoa Ahuwhenua (Pūnaha Mahi Pāmu) (Pae 3)|
|Intakes||February, June, July|
|Application information|| |
To achieve 1 full year of study, you must also enrol in NZ2215 New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Vehicles, Machinery and Infrastructure) (Level 3)
|Intakes information|| |
Tauranga (Windermere) intake in July only.
|Location||Taupo, Whakatane, Waipa (Rotorua), Tauranga (Windermere)|
|All of our full-time programmes qualify for student loans and allowances through StudyLink. Many part-time programmes also qualify. Apply online at www.studylink.govt.nz or phone 0800 88 99 00. Apply early to help avoid enrolment and payment delays.|
This course runs together with the New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Vehicles, Machinery and Infrastructure) (Level 3). Vehicles and machinery are an integral part of life on a farm - you must enrol on both courses. Your study will take a full year.
Gain a broad knowledge of New Zealand pastoral farming systems and practical capability in the pastoral farming sector, and learn to work safely and effectively under limited supervision. Establish an understanding of key inputs into farming systems, and the wider context of the pastoral farming industry in terms of environmentally and financially sustainable farming practices.
Milk harvester, shepherd, dairy farm assistant, or general farm hand
To achieve the award of the New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Farming Systems) (Level 3), students must pass a total of 85 core credits.
Knowledge and skills you will gain
Graduates will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to be able to:
- apply theoretical knowledge of key farming inputs to pastoral farming systems;
- assist with key livestock production tasks in a pastoral farming context;
- utilise technology within pastoral farming systems;
- assess and minimise risk to self, others and equipment; and
- apply theoretical knowledge of sustainable practices to pastoral farming systems.
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations.
Course details (all level 3)
- PRMY.3008 Soils and Pasture Production - 10 credits
- PRMY.3009 Livestock Health, Anatomy and Nutrition - 20 credits
- PRMY.3010 Technology and Sustainability in Primary Industries- 15 credits
- PRMY.3011 Livestock Handling and Welfare - 20 credits
- PRMY.3012 Farm Maintenance - 10 credits
- PRMY.3013 Health and Safety for Farming - 10 credits
Page last updated: 08 Dec 2017