|Domestic student fee||$6,550* (per year)|
|*Fees are applicable to study in 2017 and are indicative only; fees will vary depending on the courses selected, and/or course-related costs where applicable.|
|All of our full-time programmes qualify for student loans and allowances through StudyLink. Many part-time programmes also qualify. Apply online at www.studylink.govt.nz or phone 0800 88 99 00. Apply early to help avoid enrolment and payment delays.|
Gain the fundamental knowledge and skills required to work in collision repair component removers and refitters, and/or automotive refinishing preparers, under limited supervision or similar entry level roles in the collision repair or automotive refinishing industry.
Collision repair component removers and refitters, and/or automotive refinishing preparers, or similar entry level roles in the collision repair and automotive refinishing industry.
Knowledge and skills you will gain
Graduates will be able to:
- Follow workplace policies, procedures and relevant regulations to work safely and effectively in the collision repair and automotive refinishing industry
- Apply fundamental collision repair knowledge to remove and replace vehicle components to assist with collision repair
- Apply fundamental automotive refinishing knowledge to repair minor damage and prepare vehicle components for refinishing work.
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations, and the following:
- must complete a diagnostic assessment; and
- must provide evidence of ability to complete the academic requirements of the programme
AUTO.3121 Health, Safety and Tools
AUTO.3122 Vehicle Exterior and Interior Components
AUTO.3123 Repair Minor Panel Damage
AUTO.3124 Light Engineering
AUTO.3125 Prepare Vehicle Components
AUTO.3126 Critical Vehicle Systems
AUTO.3127 Assess for Appropriate Repair Procedure
AUTO.3128 Cooling and Heating,
Ventilation Air Conditioning
Page last updated: 02 Nov 2017