- Code: AUTO.3117
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Automotive
|Time in class||52 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||January, June|
Whakatane intake: January Only
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
The aim of this course is to provide students with with the skills and knowledge to select and use automotive hand tools and equipment following safe automotive workshop practices. and of the practice of first aid in the workplace.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Implement safe working practices in an automotive workshop.
- Use informed judgement with a range of hand tools and workshop equipment for motor industry applications.
- Select and use hand tools and workshop equipment for an automotive application.
- Prepare a vehicle and/or machine for use and shutdown after use.
- Identify common first aid and life threatening conditions, and describe how to respond to them.
- Assess an emergency scene for hazards.
- Assess and manage victims according to established first aid practices until help arrives.
- Provide and manage first aid in emergency situations.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Prepare a vehicle and/or machine for use and shutdown after use||247||2||2|
|Demonstrate knowledge of safe working practices in an automotive workshop||16113||2||2|
|Demonstrate knowledge of hand tools and workshop equipment for motor industry applications||21669||2||2|
|Demonstrate knowledge of good work habits and perform safe work practices in the motor and related industries||21858||2||4|
|Select and use hand tools and workshop equipment for an automotive application||21859||2||2|
|Manage first aid in emergency situations||6400||3||2|
|Provide first aid||6401||2||1|
|Provide resuscitation level 2||6402||1||1|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017