- Code: MENG.2011
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 2
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Engineering and Welding
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||90 (approximate total hours)|
The aim of this course is to provide students with introductory skills and knowledge in engineering, welding and fabrication. Students will gain experience in handling and maintaining tools and equipment, basic gas and MIG welding techniques, using a lathe and basic fabrication methods.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Safely use and maintain engineering hand tools and equipment, using reading, listening and observation skills.
- Produce basic engineering projects using a lathe and simple engineering calculations.
- Carry out drilling and tapping.
- Understand and perform simple welding tasks using basic gas and MIG welding techniques.
- Produce basic fabrication projects using simple engineering calculations and fabrication methods.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017