- Code: GENR.2402
- Fee: $673*
- Level: 2
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tertiary and Vocational Skills
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Secondary Tertiary Pathway Delivery|
|Location||Taupo, Whakatane, Rotorua Trades Academy, Whakatane Trades Academy|
This course aims to provide students with competencies and skills to obtain employment at entry level. These skills include producing a CV, being interviewed, customer service techniques, behaving assertively and producing formal correspondence.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- prepare and produce a CV;
- plan, prepare and participate in a formal interview situation;
- define assertive behaviour and interact assertively;
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of customer service techniques required for differing customer behaviours;
- demonstrate knowledge of health and safety in a workplace; and
- demonstrate skills required for writing formal correspondence.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
This course includes NZQA unit standards 376, 497, 504, 1294, 1299, 10781 and 10792.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017