- Code: MGMT.6957
- Fee: $2,377*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Pre-requisite||MGMT.5901 and COMP.5950|
The aim of this course is for students to demonstrate an understanding of accounting information systems and the changing role of the accountant in relation to information systems.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of accounting information systems architecture in terms of AIS components and data organisation;
- describe the planning and management of IT acquisition, implementation and use;
- demonstrate understanding of internal control systems and their interrelationship with IT risk management; and
- design and apply information systems/technology to solve business/accounting problems.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017