- Code: MGMT.5901
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2, May, November|
The aim of this course is to provide students with skills and knowledge to enable them to record and process financial transactions, prepare financial statements and budgets in accordance with current accounting practices for a range of entities.
On successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- manually process transactions from source documents to trial balance for a sole trader;
- process transactions, using commercial accounting software, to prepare financial statements for a small company registered for GST;
- demonstrate knowledge of internal controls;
- process balance day adjustments and prepare financial statements;
- compare the key differences in the financial statements for entities and prepare financial statements; and
- prepare using spreadsheet software, a cash budget incorporating GST.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017